Do you want to help breastfeeding mothers in your community?
NOTE: Our training program is on hiatus. Please email us to get updates when available.
Get the knowledge, communication skills, and organizational support you need!
Nursing Mothers’ Council offers a new Counselor Training program that will prepare you to provide volunteer breastfeeding support to mothers in your community as an accredited Nursing Mothers’ Counselor. Counselors support nursing women through phone calls and local chapter gatherings (support groups) and have the opportunity to take on administrative roles within the organization.
Our training will provide you with:
- current, evidence-based breastfeeding information and dependable resources to maintain your knowledge.
- a mentor who will guide you through the process and tailor it to you personally.
- the skills you need to counsel nursing mothers and document your work.
- guidelines and administrative skills for facilitating successful chapter gatherings.
Please read our Counselor Training FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page to learn more, then download a PDF of the Application.
IBCLCs and La Leche League Leaders may request an Application by Waiver (an accelerated accreditation process) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: Mail your completed application with a check for $45 made out to BACE to: BACE-NMC, 69 Court Street, Newton, MA 02458. Please have your reference send your letter of recommendation separately to the same address.
- Electronically: Scan and email your completed application as an attachment to email@example.com. Include in the body of your email the information that you will be paying electronically through the BACE-NMC website. On the Support BACE-NMC page of this website, submit a payment of $45. Please have your reference send your letter of recommendation separately. They may submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to BACE-NMC, 69 Court Street, Newton, MA 02458.
Important Note: Before you write and submit an application, please email email@example.com or call 617-244-5102 to schedule a pre-application screening interview.