Watch your inbox for future dates!
BACE-NMC offers the following:
• 4 Day DONA Approved Birth Doula Training
Weekdays: April 22,25,29,30, 2019 • 9am-5pm
Four Day Course offers comprehensive interactive learning on:
- The significance of birth across cultures
- The benefits of doula support
- How to work with the mother’s medical team
- Providing comfort and emotional support during all stages of labor, including difficult labors, cesarean births and VBACs
- How to build a trusting and meaningful relationship with mom and her family during pregnancy, labor, birth, and the first weeks postpartum
- Supporting newborns
- Overview of breastfeeding
- DONA International’s Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice and additional required steps to certification as a DONA Int’l Birth Doula
WHY A FOUR DAY TRAINING?
We want all students to complete the course feeling fully confident and prepared to provide doula support to birthing women. For this reason, we are teaching a 26 hour course over 4 full days of training. We believe that this structure and pace will give students time to read the manual in between sessions, continue reading books on the required book list, ponder what they are learning, ask questions, prepare homework, and hopefully gain a deeper understanding of the material. Trainings that take place over one weekend are time efficient, but we want to provide an option for those students who prefer an expanded format with more time to own the material.
NOTE: DONA International doula certification requires additional steps. Please see the DONA website for details.
• Introduction to Childbirth Education for Perinatal Health Workers
Thursday, April 11, 2019 • 9am-6pm
Approved by DONA International to meet one of the requirements for certification as a birth doula. Strongly recommended for those planning to take the 4 day DONA Approved Birth Doula Training
3 Day DONA International Approved Postpartum Doula Training
As soon as it is rescheduled we will email and post details!
• Breastfeeding Foundations for Perinatal Health Workers
Fulfills DONA requirement
Next Training TBA